Our Community Response to Climate Change: CHOOSING ACTION
Climate change feels like an overwhelming issue: we often feel it is so big and complex that there is nothing we can do. But we are not helpless, there are actions we can take as individuals and as a community.
Join us in a forum to learn, discuss, and share ideas.The program will include brief informational sessions on:
- Neighborhood impacts of climate change and local actions we can take
- Policy efforts being addressed by the legislature
- Green investing and divestiture of fossil fuels from the investments of our families and the organizations we’re involved with
The presentations will be followed by facilitated discussions on each topic which participants can choose by interest area.
- Kari-Lyons Eubanks, Multnomah County Health Department, and McKenzie Southworth and Griselda Maria Palma, Multnomah County Office of Sustainabilit
- Jana Gastellum, Oregon Environmental Council
- Lenny Dee, Board Member, 350 PDX
Tuesday February 10, 2015
7:00 – 8:30 PM
1737 NW 26th Ave
Northwest Neighbors CAN Make a Difference!
Sponsored by Portland State University and Friendly House